In MoneyCoach V, we dropped the official support for Dropbox due to privacy reasons but introduced a completely new way of doing it. Now, you have complete control where you want to save the backup and from which file you want to restore from.
However, if you have made a Dropbox backup in the past and you want to import that in MoneyCoach V, here’s how you do it:
- Go to your Dropbox and find Apps / MoneyCoach folder
- Inside you will see all your backups with a filename like something “Backup…..”
- Sort the files for last modified
- Select the last 3 files that have the same filename with slightly different file formats
- Download these 3 files
- Compress or ZIP these files into an archive
- Upload this archive to your iCloud Drive or Google Drive
- Open MoneyCoach
- Go to Settings / Data and tap Backup
- Select the archive
- Quit and reopen MoneyCoach
We highly advise that you make a manual backup every month or so.
Note: Sometimes your accounts might not be selected. To fix this go to Settings / Overview / Summary Cards / Show & Hide Accounts and select all your accounts via the down left buttons. Save and you are done!